Job Summary: (*Please note this is not an IT position) The Contracts Install Technical Support I supports both the field and office operations. The main responsibility is to review job packets and to determine the complete Scope of Work needed to deliver the complete product as sold by the salesperson and expected by the customer. Provide clear instructions and determine proper materials to help assure that each installation is performed in accordance with local Mechanical Code and QHM Installation Department’s standards. The Contracts Install Technical Support I understands the urgency and importance of getting each assignment done quickly, accurately and with minimal supervision. This position requires clear communication between Technical Support and salesmen, technicians, installers, field managers and others within the Contracts Department. All employees of QHM need to be aligned with our core values. The Install Technical Support I reports to the Contracts Manager.
- Review paperwork and pictures in sales packet to ensure a clear understanding of the job requirements.
- Communicate with the salesperson as needed to gather all needed information to determine what is needed to fulfill the terms of the contract and to deliver what the customer expects.
- Resolve any deficiencies, inaccuracies or other issues before the job is processed.
- Communicate with Contract Manager or Field Managers immediately to resolve any issues with the scope of the job (incorrect equipment sizing by salesperson, inadequate space for sold equipment, wrong type of equipment sold, etc).
- Produce clear instructions within the Work Order so that the installer knows everything needed to complete the install.
- Produce a complete inventory of needed material to do the work.
- Requisition the material.
- Inform the Retro Coordinator of any non-standard equipment, controls or other items which may be needed to complete the job.
- Understands the basics of the RETRO Scheduling Process.
- Understands the basics of the RETRO Job Coordination Process.
- Understands and performs the Scoping Process; 90% of all jobs that come in can be Scoped completely and accurately by a Contracts Install Technical Support I.
- Address all internal and external customer concerns and issues in a quick but effective manner.
- Take initiative to help the entire Team at QHM and learn all facets of what services we provide to internal and external customers
- Be a leader in checking the accuracy of all jobs. We stop mistakes, we save money and we continue to work and keep the company and ourselves healthy.
- Help to keep a Team-Oriented, Clean and Safe work environment.
- Perform all duties assigned as directed by Management with regular supervision, coaching and follow up.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Sufficient HVAC industry experience, as determined by management
- Beginner Microsoft Word & Excel skills required
- Possess a strong knowledge of HVAC terms, operation, application and installation
- Detailed Oriented
- Understands importance of Customer Satisfaction
- Self Starter
- Must be able to multitask
- 18 years of age
- Pass Company administered drug test
- Have a basic Continuous Improvement Mentality
- Must have basic math skills
- Must be able to communicate in person, in writing and over the phone in English
- Ability to speak Spanish and translate is a plus
- Due to the seasonal nature of the HVAC industry, the Contracts Coordinator I must have the ability to work proficiently in a high speed and heavy workload environment and must seek out assignments and work to be done (even if it is outside the Retro Teams’ immediate responsibility).
** Compensation based on experience **
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to sit for up to 8 hours
Ability to work ALL shifts and to be on-call
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Applicants for positions are subject to a new hire drug screen & background check. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Quality Home Maintenance dba George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating is committed to an equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. In Arizona, the following also are a protected class: race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, AIDS/HIV status, national origin, status as a cardholder for medicinal marijuana, and genetic test results.
Interested in this position?